Thursday, July 24, 2008

JULY 23rd - YOUR DAILY PHILOSOPHY LESSON - BEAUTY DOES NOT EXIST

When I gaze at the birds, I see hope.
When I turn to the azure Sky, I see hope.
I see hope because I see the pattern.
One day, all of us, including you, will be eaten by the maggots. The Maggots in turn will feed the birds. The birds in turn will head towards the sky, where, eventually it will make its way towards the sea. There, it will be shot down by some freak bullet from an American USA Navy ship. This is the story of life. Beauty dies. Mystery turns out to be the predictable force of reason.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
Today I will do my utmost to forget the word and concept of Beauty. I will try to remember that Beauty is a temporary situation fuelled by total delusionary optimism. Beauty does not exist, especially within me.

WOMEN IN THE CONGO - WEAPONS OF WAR